2009年4月1日星期三

What contribute to one's status?

I want to talk about what gives status to my family and my neighborhoods in my village.
If someone goes to my village, he/she will find that most of the houses are tall. This is not because people there are rich, but because this is a thing that they think can give them high status . As a result, in my village, people do their best to build a high house for their family even though they can just eat turnip everyday. My father and mother also think so. They work hard and want to build a high house in my village even though we have already left our country. This is their value and brief. They believe that no matter where they stay, a good and high house in the village can represent many things of them, such as ability, personality and also riches. However, I don't agree. I think it doesn't present anything but vanity. Just like a person, if he only has a good appearance but lack of self-cultivation, maybe he will be appreciated in a short term, but what about a long term? I think education is one of important factors that can contribute to people's status because it can help people get good self-cultivation, good relationship,and also power!

3 条评论:

  1. I agree that educiaton is an important factor that contribute to status, in this time.

    回复删除
  2. Well, most Chinese think that having own houses, wealth and power represent their higher status, epecially the elder generation. However, I don't think it is the most important for the status. We should improve ourselves through studying,reading and so on to get the status we want.

    回复删除